Enerflex is a respected global player in the oil and gas industry with a significant footprint throughout Australasia and a history of rapid growth in our region. We are a major mechanical and electrical service provider for gas compression / power generation equipment in the energy and resources sectors.
The scope of the Mechanical Maintenance Technician role involves providing maintenance, repairs, overhaul, diagnostics and condition monitoring services on specialised equipment for clients in the Power Generation, Oil and Gas Industries.
The successful candidate will be a positive team player with:
- Industry relevant trade qualification
- Post apprenticeship experience working with Waukesha or Caterpillar gas-fueled engines
- Previous experience working on reciprocating and / or rotary screw compression equipment
- Experience overhauling large engines
- Good communication and computer literacy skills (Word, Excel)
- Self-motivation to achieve daily expectations
- Demonstrated high regard for safety
- Manual driver’s license
The following will be highly regarded
- OEM Caterpillar, Waukesha and / or Ariel Training
- Current FA/CPR qualifications
- Working at Heights, Confined Space and / or Hazardous Areas certification
This position is based in New Plymouth, New Zealand and will typically work on-shore and off-shore in the Taranaki area Monday to Friday with additional weekend and rostered on-call activities being required. The applicant could also be eligible to mobilise internationally when work load requires it.
Enerflex is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Enerflex grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, genetic information, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunities are provided in recruitment, hiring, promotions, wages, benefits, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Please visit our website at www.enerflex.com for more information.